We're pleased to offer the following services in our Honesdale Veterinary Clinic:
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come to the hospital immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
Types of Pets Seen
Because several veterinarians practice at Cherry Ridge Veterinary Clinic, we can care for many types of pets:
- Pocket Pets*
*Select veterinarians only. Call us for more information.
On Premise Services Include:
- Soft Tissue Surgery - We do all kinds of surgery at our clinic.We offer advanced surgical techniques and technology. We do everything from spays and neuters to more involved procedures, including mass removals, eye surgery, amputations, C-sections, abdominal surgery, and facial reconstruction. If your pet needs a surgical procedure and you're not sure if we offer it, ask! The safety of your family member is the most important thing to us. All patients are screened for anesthetic safety, and anesthetics are tailored to your pet.Patients receive pre-anesthetic pain medication before surgery, and when surgery is over, additional pain medicine is administered or dispensed to keep your pet relaxed and comfortable. We also practice sterile techniques. Our surgeons are properly protected and each patient's fur is shaved in the area of the surgical site. The skin is then cleaned thoroughly with surgical scrub. During surgery, we monitor the heart rate, blood pressure, temperature, oxygen level, respiration, and fluid rate. Every one of our surgery patients have IV catheters placed to give us IV access at all times and allows us to administer fluids which help with blood pressure support. All pets that have surgery are monitored closely, a post op check list ensures that an animals condition is checked every 15 minutes while they are recovering from anesthesia. This process is the responsibility of our medical care team, which stays with our patients until they are awake monitoring temperature, respiration, heart rate, capillary refill time and incision making sure there are no signs of difficulty.
- End of Life Care: The hardest part about having pets in our lives is that theirs is much too short and saying goodbye is so hard. We work with our clients to ensure their pet's comfort and dignity. We are here to answer any questions you have and allow you to be with your family member through the entire process in private. We also work with Pet Memorial Services and use them for cremation services and urns. We also have a online pet memorial page for you to write a tribute to your cherished pet.
- Laser Surgery - Laser is a minimally invasive alternative to traditional surgery. Laser replaces scalpels and is very useful for many conditions. Laser procedures result in less pain, less bleeding and less swelling. They reduce risk of infection and help with post operative discomfort. All declaw surgeries at CRVC are done using laser.
- Microchipping - Microchips help reunite thousands of pets with their families. We use AVID microchips. AVID is one of the most widely used microchip products which increases the chance of a safe recovery.
- Ultrasound - Ultrasound is used in many different fields because of its ability to show internal structures. It is very valuable for locating and measuring tumors, diagnosing disease, and detecting problems with organs. Our doctors at CRVC are trained and also have access to services of specialists. Most of the time our patients do not require anesthesia or sedation since ultrasound is normally tolerated very well.
- Penn HIP Radiograph - Penn HIP is the most accurate way to check risk of hip dysplasia.
- Dentistry and Digital Dental X-Rays - Did you know that 80% of animals over the age of 3 have dental disease. Dental care is a huge part of your pet's overall health and at CRVC we strive to provide the best care possible, including full dental cleanings. Our doctors and technicians perform these under general anesthesia and our patients are monitored with the same equipment listed under Soft Tissue Surgery. We use an ultrasonic scaling machine to get your animal's teeth clean above and below the gumline. Our dental technicians then polish the teeth to create a smooth tooth surface which makes it more resistant for plaque build up. We also offer digital dental x-rays to better diagnose and treat your loved one.
- Digital Radiographs - We offer digital x-rays to aid in the diagnosis of problems like, vomiting, and breathing issues. Our doctors perform and evaluate muscular-skeletal, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, reproductive and urinary systems. Anytime a x-ray is performed, the doctor will go over the films and findings with you in an exam room.
- Preventative and Diagnostic Exams - Annual examinations, wellness examinations, new health issues, and preventative care. Our doctors and staff spend the time with you and your pet performing a thorough physical exam addressing all of your concerns, and strive to provide excellent care with services including: vaccinations, disease screening, nail trims, parasite control, and nutrition and behavior consultations. If your animal is experiencing an illness or you have other concerns, we are here to help.
- In House Laboratory/ Microscopic Exams/ Outside Labs - Routine screenings are an excellent mode of monitoring the health of your pet, getting a baseline and detecting problems early. We are equipped with 3 types of blood machines, in house snap tests, along with several outside labs. These tests tell us organ function, clotting times, and electrolyte levels. One of our machines gives us a complete blood count giving us information about infections, and blood disorders. We use our microscope to look at anything from itchy skin and ears to urine and fecal analysis.
- Nutritional Counseling - Some pets require special food, and all pets benefit from a balanced diet. We have trained staff available to help you choose the right diet for your pet to keep him or her happy, healthy, and active.
- Fully Stocked Pharmacy/Online Pharmacy - We stock a wide range of the best veterinary drugs in the animal healthcare field. We also have an online pharmacy available for our clients to be able to get their pets medications shipped to their home.
- Stem Cell Treatment -
Emergency & Urgent Care
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening, but you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment. Our veterinarians will work to "squeeze" you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen. For after hours care see the list below:
Emergency Clinic Available To You
Northeast Veterinary Emergency Hospital Plains, PA
The Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center Clarks Summit PA
The Pocono Veterinary Clinic Scotrun, PA
The Emergency Clinic in Newton, Newton, NJ
Orange County Emergency Veterinary Clinic Middletown, NY